1. These terms and conditions (“terms”) apply to all sales of wine and any other goods (referred to as the “wines”) by us, Turville Valley Wines(“we” or “us”) to you the customer (“you” or “customer”). These terms will apply to all orders you place with us whether via telephone, our website, by email or in person.
2. These terms will apply to all sales of wine, by us, to you, unless and until these terms are changed by written agreement between us.
3. These terms will apply whether you are dealing with us as a private or trade customer.
4. We will not accept any other terms and conditions imposed on us by any customer, unless agreed in writing prior to any order being accepted by us.
1. When you engage with us via phone, website or in person, your request is an ‘offer to us’ and therefore no contract is made unless or until we accept your offer and payment is received from you. We may acknowledge your request, however due to the nature of the products we offer, until payment is received we have no obligation to supply you with goods.
2. We will accept your offer by issuing an invoice, however we are still not obliged to release stock until payment for goods is received in full, and ownership of goods will remain with Turville Valley Wines at this point.
3. Should wines become unavailable through other sale or any other reason stopping the wines coming into our possession, we are entitled to decline an order/request at any stage without consequence, assuming payment has not been taken.
4. It is illegal to sell or supply wines to anyone under 18 years of age in the UK. Turville Valley Wines will never knowingly sell wine to anyone under the legal age and by placing an order you confirm that you are of at least 18 years of age or are at least the minimum legal age for purchasing alcohol in accordance with your home country/state’s jurisdiction. Should we become aware of a customer being under age or ordering on behalf of someone under age, we will terminate the contract/order process immediately and are obliged to report any incidence of under age ordering to the authorities.
5. All wines are offered subject to availability and we reserve the right to change our prices.
6. All wines are offered subject to remaining unsold.
1. Payment is due on receipt of invoice. For approved trade customers only, we accept payment 30 days from date of order.
2. All export orders must be paid for prior to shipment or collection.
3. We reserve the right to withhold the release of any wines to you if there is outstanding payments owed to us on invoices. This can apply to any outstanding costs such as; outstanding invoices on other wines you have ordered, outstanding storage costs, or other wines that ‘you’ as a collective company have ordered.
4. We reserve the right to charge interest at 3% above bank lending rate on any invoices not paid within 30 days. We also reserve the right to cancel any orders unpaid after 30 days.
5. If VAT, duty and delivery charges apply, they will be added at the time of order or when in-bond items are released from bond.
6. Customers outside the UK are responsible for the payment of any duty and VAT on the goods in the country of delivery.
7. We have a minimum order of £500 (before duty & VAT), which allows us to maintain competitive prices.
1. All wines and spirits remain the property of Turville Valley Wines until payment is received. Title to the goods shall not pass to you until we receive payment in full (cleared funds) for those goods and any other goods that we have supplied to you in respect of which payment has become due.
2. Until full payment is received we are entitled as the title owners of the goods to sell the wines to other parties.
3. Until such time as the wines’ property passes to you (and provided the wines are still in existence and have not been re-sold), we shall be entitled at any time to inspect the wines. You may be required to deliver the wines to us, and if you fail to do so, we have the right to enter upon any premises of yours or of any third party where the wines are stored and repossess the wines.
4. Goods will become your responsibility from the time we deliver the goods to the address you gave us or you/a carrier organised by you collect them from us.
1. All wines are offered ex London City Bond (LCB).
2. When you order wines with us you will need to choose to either have the wine delivered, collected, transferred in bond or stored with us.
3. Should we agree to deliver goods, we will provide an estimate via trusted 3rd party delivery services. All deliveries are charged at cost. The estimated delivery dates/times are only an estimate and cannot be guaranteed.
4. Shipping and consolidation can be quoted and arranged for export customers.
5. If we do not agree to arrange delivery of goods, the wines will be placed in storage ready for collection, and you have 30 days (from date of payment) to collect you goods.
6. If collection is not made after 30days, we reserve the right to apply storage fees, or cancel the order.
7. In-Bond transfers within LCB can be arranged upon request and charges will be applied at cost.
1. Turville Valley Wines makes every effort to ensure that the wines we sell are of satisfactory quality and appropriate for the age of the wine.
2. Due to the nature of the wines that we sell and the subjectivity of taste we do not guarantee the taste or drinkability of wines sold. As such, we do not provide refunds for corked wines, nor do we accept liability for minor defects or imperfections.
3. You accept that even perfectly stored, perfectly handled wines can be subject to ullage, defects, cork taint, stained or damaged labels, capsule damage as well as other issues.
4. During inspection of our stock we take condition notes and photographs for our own due diligence but also to offer you reassurance before sale. Condition reports and photographs can be provided at your request.
5. We make best reasonable efforts to ascertain the provenance of wines. Often this information is taken in good faith from our trusted suppliers as we are not always able to research or verify the information we receive. As such, we cannot and do not warrant any such statements.
6. We take precautions and make reasonable efforts to authenticate bottles using pertinent information and techniques known to us. Specific testing and detailed research cannot always provide an absolute guarantee of origin and, therefore, by making a purchase with us you accept that we have acted in good faith to ensure authenticity.
7. Any wine whose appearance is less than perfect (in our opinion) will be sold as such by us, with photos and/or a condition report provided. It is your decision whether or not to purchase the wine based on this information.
8. You accept that given the nature of wines these terms are reasonable in all the circumstances.
9. All wines should be inspected on delivery and any issue raised with us within 3 days.
1. Where you opt for us to store the wines on your behalf then our storage charges will apply. Please refer to our website for the latest storage charges.
2. When we store wine on your behalf we will assign the wine you have purchased to your name but the wines will remain in our custody.
3. Storage charges are based on a per case, per year basis. Our storage charges are charged annually in January, a year in advance.
4. If you choose to store wine with us and yet fail to pay our storage and administration charges then we reserve the right to sell wines you hold with us in order to settle any outstanding storage balance you have with us.
5. Storage charges include insurance of wine at replacement value.
6. Wines are not insured until storage charges are paid in full.
7. Our storage charges are subject to annual review.
1. All wines should be inspected on delivery and any issue raised with us within 3 days of receipt of goods.
2. Turville Valley Wines is not obliged to proceed with a Customer's purchase of wine at an incorrect price, even if we accept the Customer's order for wines displayed at the incorrect price and/or failed to inform the Customer of the error.
3. We are not obliged to complete an order until a contract agreement is made, therefore we may terminate or cancel an order, at any stage.
4. We reserve the right to cancel any orders unpaid after 30 days.
5. If we are made aware of any breach of law or ethical wrong doings by you or your organisation we may place an order on hold or cancel the order until such time that the issue is resolved.
6. Should you wish to cancel an order, you the customer has the right to cancel the order up until the point of payment.
7. Should a refund claim be necessary, no payment will be made to you the customer until the wines are returned to a Turville Valley Wines location for inspection, and inspections of goods are complete.
1. Turville Valley Wines shall not be liable for any failure to fulfil an order due to circumstances out of our control.
2. The details outlined in our Terms& Conditions supersede any verbal agreement made by an employee of Turville Valley Wines. We do not accept verbal agreements to be binding in any form.
3. By ordering with us via, website, phone, email or any other method, your acceptance of contract (and therefore payment) shall signify that you accept our terms. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with our terms and we reserve the right to update our terms as and when necessary.
4. Turville is registered to trade Alcohol under the UK Alcohol Wholesaler Registration Scheme (AWRS) and our unique reference number is AWRS XXAW00000100640
These Terms and Conditions and all contracts entered into are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
If you have any questions in relation to our terms & conditions you can either write to us at Turville Valley Wines, Suite 2, Rectory House, Haddenham, Bucks, HP17 8DA, call us on +44 (0) 1494 868 818 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org